Exercise 4 Diabetes
4 Life Exercise Physiology offers group exercise classes for people with Type 2 Diabetes. The classes are FULLY BULK-BILLED through Medicare.
- 8 one hour group sessions are offered to Type 2 Diabetes patients with the appropriate GP referral
- Includes an obligation free 45 minute initial appraisal
- Includes development of a long term management plan
- Once complete, regular classes may be continued at significantly reduced rates
This proven, evidence-based exercise program focuses on weight loss, improving blood glucose control and aerobic fitness. Education and motivational interviewing are included to encourage adherence to long term positive lifestyle changes. Supervised group exercise is ideal for providing continued support and motivation, while allowing safe exercise in a non-threatening and enjoyable environment.
The educational component includes information needed to gain control and manage type 2 diabetes including:
- Diet & Nutrition for Diabetes
- Appropriate Exercise Principles for Diabetes
- Monitoring of Blood Sugar Levels (Hypoglycemia, Hyperglycemia & Self Testing)
- Weight Loss or Weight Management Principles
- Medication for Diabetes
- Goal Setting
Run in our fully equipped rehabilitation gym by Accredited Exercise Physiologists, you will receive the highest quality of care. Each program is tailored to the individual, allowing you to work at your own unique level and progress as tolerated.